Sunday 27 May 2012

My first powerboat...a whole new world

I good customer requested a powerboat to complete his set...and while a bit tentative, I decided that I owed it to him to try with the understanding that if I was not happy with the product I would not send the hull and there would be no charge. So the pressure is on me to figure it out.

The boat is a very handsome Bertram 20, and if pretty means anything, this boat is pretty. VERY pretty!









First was lines...sailboat lines can be a challenge to get...powerboat lines are impossible to get. Enter Rasputin from Cruising Anarchy. I don't know how he does it, but he does it. In short order I have a full set of lines and a solution to a serious problem (later). I love working with sharp people!!




The big problem is handling the very flat bottom...Rasp suggested that the lifts below the chine be vertical, not horizontal...EUREKA!!!


So here are some pics of the progress...








In time my skills will progress to a point where I will simply apply clear finish to the carving...this hull is close, but not there yet.

Here are a few more hulls in progress....















No comments:

Post a Comment