Friday 17 February 2012

My "little" project...

A couple years ago Bob Perry honored me with a cartoon of our Mirage 33 "Gatekeeper"... to this day it makes me smile every time I look at it.



This past weekend Mrs Keeper and I had the pleasure of meeting Bob and his charming wife Jill...and I got the chance to reciprocate for his generous gesture. I was going to carve Bob a hull of Gatekeeper, but Bob has a huge collection of half hulls, and another hull would not be unique...so what to you give the world famous designer who has seen everything?

You give him something that I doubt has ever been done...a half hull of a cartoon.



I'm told it has found a home on the wall in the office bathroom...truly an honor if you know Bob's thoughts on the matter.

More later about the process.






1 comment:

  1. I was always under the impression that the "wall of the office bathroom" was where the less respected designs ended up! I will have to rethink what Bob said about where one of his half hulls was located.

    ReplyDelete