Tuesday 30 October 2012

An honor

I had the honor of carving this burgee to memorialize Bob Perry's son Spike who passed away...I can honestly say I wish I there was never a need to do this, but if someone was to do it, I'm glad it was me Bob asked.



The real burgee has circled the globe gathering signatures from Bob's friends and fans alike...and will soon return to Bob and Jill's home. If we could see what that burgee has seen....



Bob has been my mentor through every hull I have carved, and as you can see he knows good from bad. He has a wonderful collection that I had the good fortune to see in person last February.

I have 3 pieces and a hockey puck in Bob's collection. One in the VERY important bathroom display area where it receives frequent scrutiny.



Thanks Bob



No comments:

Post a Comment