Wednesday 28 December 2011

New project "Echo" a Hinckley 42...R&D day

I'm doing this hull for a friend on Lake Ontario...she is a Hinckley 42, his pride and joy.

I'll post step by step and you can watch me make mistakes, and correct them. Today R&D.

Steve was able to get he hull lines from the nice people at Hinckley. A great advantage if I'm to make a accurate representation, but it can be done from photos, drawings, and Bob Perry's advice when I come up blank. It's great to have one of the worlds top yacht designers on my staff.


Today I take the copy of the original faded drawings, hi-light the lines and make notes to myself...next it's off to Staples to have them reduce the size by a third so I can work in 1/2" scale (not the original 3/4") which has been chosen for this hull.

This process will take me most of the day because I have to shovel the driveway too.

My office staff are eagerly waiting the launch of this exciting project.


No comments:

Post a Comment